Pecel （印尼语) 或 Pecal （马来语）是一款淋上花生酱汁的印尼/马来沙拉，非常美味营养。加上水煮蛋、炸酥的丹贝和豆腐干，就是一款高蛋白，高纤维的美食了。
You can toss in some Tofu，boiled egg and Tempeh to make it high in protein, a good way to incorporate more greens into your diet.
材料：( 3-5 份)
2 根 茄子
8-10 根 豇豆
200 克 蕹菜/空心菜
2-3 只水煮蛋Hard boiled eggs
2 片 豆腐干
100 克 的丹贝/Tempeh Optional
1 杯 滚水
2 medium size Chinese eggplant/brinjal
8-10 Strands of Long bean/Yardlong bean
200 g Kangkung/Water Spinach/Water Morning Glory
2-3 Hard boiled eggs
2 pieces of Hard Tofu
100 g of Tempeh Optional
1 Cup hot water
Pecal Powder/花生酱粉: (可做两次酱料）
500 克 花生
4-5 片 疯柑叶/Keffir Lime leaves
15 只 辣椒干
30 克/4-5 只 红葱头，切片
5-8 克/2-3 瓣 蒜瓣，切片
1/2 寸 的 虾酱/Belachan/Shrimp paste
2 大勺 酸子酱 tamarind paste
2 小块/35克 或 3 大勺 的 椰糖 Palm sugar/Gula Melaka 或 用红糖代替
适量的盐 (大约 2/3 小勺)
4-5 pcs of Keffir Lime leaves
15 pcs of Dried chillies
30 g/4-5 pcs of shallots, sliced
5-8 g/2-3 cloves of garlics, sliced
1/2-inch square belacan (shrimp paste)
2 tbsp tamarind paste
2 pcs or 3 tbsp of Palm sugar/Gula Melaka Or substitute with dark brown sugar
Salt to taste (around 2/3 tsp)
1 Cup hot water
3. 把冷却的材料放到食物料理机里搅拌几下至材料变粗颗粒。加入椰糖，盐和酸子/罗望子酱, 再搅拌几下混匀后加入磨/辗碎的花生，再搅拌几次混匀。
1. Crush the palm sugar/Gula melaka using a mortar and pestle. You can also crush roasted peanuts in the mortar and pestle.
2. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a small cooking pot/pan, stir fry shallot and garlic until shallots become translucent, add dry chilies, shrimp paste/Belachan and keffir lime leaves, continue frying at medium heat until shallot/garlic become golden brown in color and chilies become crispy. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
3. Place the roasted ingredients in a food processor, give a few pulses until the content are crushed coarsely. Add palm sugar, salt and tamarind paste, blend to incorporate all. Add crushed roasted peanuts and run a few pulses until it is fully incorporated again.
4. Store the powder in airtight container and use within 1-2 weeks.
6. 准备2-3只水煮蛋，一分为四。 把豆腐和丹贝炸酥切块，把所有的材料放到一个盘子里。
6. Make 2-3 hard boiled eggs, cut into 4 pieces, fry tofu and tempeh, cut into small cubes. Place all ingredients on a plate.
7. Take 5-6 tbsp of Pecel powder and place in a deep bowl, pour in boiling water and let it steep for 10 minutes. Spoon the pecel sauce over the vegetables, mix well and serve.
4. 把烤盘放到烤箱里，烤箱开最低温。我的烤箱最低温是170华氏度 （75摄氏度），把果糊低温烘焙6-6.5个小时至烘干为止。我睡前把烤箱设置好，睡醒时果干就已经烘干冷却了。
I planted some Amaranthus last year during the summer, but the yield was low, I did not uproot the plants and let it die on its own. Little did I know that Amaranthus is so hardy that it survived the winter and came out on its own again this year, only stronger. It gave me palm size leaves that look amazing, though I have not planted much this year, my Amaranthus did give me a chance to enjoy home grown vegetable! I harvest some to make this Pan Mee today, which I made the dough using spinach, I liked that the red Amaranth makes the soup a little pinkish in color, beautiful and full of nutrients!
2 杯 中筋面粉
1/4 小勺 食盐
3/4 杯 菠菜泥 (一大把菠菜加点水磨成泥)
200 克 苋菜/绿色蔬菜
1 大碗的 肉臊
2-3 只 朝天椒
1 杯 江鱼仔 (去头，内脏，洗净)
1/2 杯 红葱酥&葱油
2 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 tsp of salt
3/4 cup of ground spinach paste (made from a bunch of spinach with little water)
200 gm of Red or green amaranthus/Green Leaves vegetable
1 bowl of Gon Loh Minced meat
2-3 Thai Chili
1 cup of dried anchovies (head and innards removed, cleaned)
1/2 cup of Fried Shallot & Shallot oil
1. Knead together flour, spinach paste and salt to form a stiff dough, you can do it with hand, bread machine or stand mixer, it doesn’t really matter. Just make sure you let the dough rest for about 15 minutes before peeling.
2. Meanwhile, fry anchovies until golden in color and crunchy.
4. When the broth is boiling, turn it to medium heat and start pulling and stretching the dough to form thin layer, peel the layer off into small pieces and into the broth to cook.
5. Stir the pieces in between using a spatula to prevent sticking to bottom. Continue working on the dough if you are working alone, if you have a partner in the kitchen like how we used to back home (mom and I will work in tandem to peel, add the minced meat and peel to speed up the process.) You don’t want the pan mee to be overcooked, overcooked pan mee is soggy and loses its chewiness pretty fast. You do want to work fast or you could make it in small batches like 1 bowl at a time so that it always stays fresh when it is prepared.
6. When you are done working on the dough, crank the heat up to high and bring the broth to boil, season with some salt and add the green vegetables. The noodle is done when the vegetables are cooked.
Clitoria ternatea, common names including butterfly pea, blue pea, Aprajita, Cordofan pea and Asian pigeonwings, is a plant species belonging to the Fabaceae family.
……Names in other languages include bunga telang (Malay), ?????? `anchan (Thai), ??u bi?c (Vietnamese), ???????? Aparajita in Hindi and 蝶豆 dié dòu (Mandarin Chinese), ‘Sankhu Poolu/Sankham Poolu’ in Telugu, “Shankupushpam" in Malayalam language and ???????? (Aparajita) in Bengali.
In Thailand, a syrupy blue drink is made called nam dok anchan (????????????), it is sometimes consumed with a drop of sweet lime juice to increase acidity and turn the juice into pink-purple.
10-12 朵 新鲜或干的蝶豆花
1 + 4 杯 饮用水
2-3 大勺 蜂蜜
1/2 小勺 青柠/柠檬汁
10-12 dried or fresh blue pea flowers
1 + 4 cups of drinking water
2-3 tbsp of honey
1/2 tsp lime/lemon juice
2. Add honey and remaining water, stir well and serve.
3. You can also add a few drops of lime/lemon juice into the drink, it will change the PH level and turn the drink into purple color instantly.
Healthy and beautiful in color, good to serve and surprise your guests!
This time I have used diced chicken and added some long bean, it allows us to have more vegetables and hubby loved it so much, he had 2 plateful!
1 大块/ 200 克 的鸡腿肉切丁
1 杯 豇豆 切丁
3-5 瓣 蒜瓣
2-3 只 泰国朝天椒 （可根据自己的喜好增减）
2 杯 九层塔叶/金不换
1 小勺 酱油/生抽
1 小勺 鱼露/ nam pla
1 小勺 泰式甜酱油/晒油
1 小勺 蚝油
1 piece/ 200 gm of Chicken thigh/breast
1 cup of chopped long bean
3-5 cloves of garlic
2-3 red or green Thai Chilies (Adjust the quantity for the level of heat you like)
2 cups of Holy basil/Tulsi leaves OR Thai Basil leaves
1 tsp of light soy sauce
1 tsp Fish sauce / nam pla
1 tsp Sweet soy sauce
1 tsp Oyster sauce
2. Peeled garlic and remove stem from Thai chilies, pound both in a mortar and pestle until it is crushed.
Note: You can also mince the garlic and chilies on a chopping board, many swear by the difference in taste by pounding the ingredients, which I had come to appreciate very recently.
3. Heat up 2-3 tbsp of oil in a wok/cooking pan, cook the pounded Chilies and garlic until fragrant.
4. Add the diced chicken and long bean, stir until chicken changes color. Season with fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and sweet soy sauce. Continue cooking for few more minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
5. Add holy basil leaves before turning off the stove, stir until the meat and leaves are well mixed and leaves started wilting.
My husband have this obsession of bananas that it’s almost absurd, he has to bring a bunch of banana back whenever he goes to the grocery store. Needless to say, he goes to the store a little too many times this month, and I was left with a bunch of overripe bananas again.
So I made this cake with the help of my son A yesterday night and had it for breakfast today, the chocolate chips really kick the taste up a notch!
4 ripe large banana or 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana
1 cup of All-purpose flour
1 cup of Multigrain Atta
1/4 cup of Oat bran
1 cup of Brown sugar
3 eggs (Room temperature)
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup organic whole milk
1/2 cup or 1 stick of Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (if using salted butter, omit this or reduced to half)
5. 烤箱预热至360F (180C).
2. Use a stand mixer/hand mixer to beat butter and sugar until smooth, the texture should look like ice cream.
3. Add one egg at a time, continue beating until fluffy, repeat for all 3 eggs.
4. Fold 1/3 of the flour mix in, add milk and 1/3 of the mashed banana, alternate flour mix and milk until all ingredients are used.
5. Add 3/4 cup of chocolate chips into batter.
6. Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
7. Line an 8 inches baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer batter into the pan, give it a shake to even the surface of the batter. Decorate it with sliced banana and remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
8. Bake cake for 45-50 minutes, test with a bamboo stick, if the stick come out clean, it is done. Cool completely before serving.