Potato with minced meat is a typical dish for most Chinese family in Malaysia. There may be different variations of this dish in different families. Some like the potato cubed, some like it in sticks. In our house, it is always thickly sliced.
I made this for lunch yesterday and my brother who is visiting says it tasted just the way grandma used to made it.
1/2 cups/120 gm of ground meat (Marinate with 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of cooking wine, a pinch of black pepper powder and a few drops of sesame oil)
1 tbsp of sliced shallot or fried shallot
1 tsp of minced garlic
1 tsp of cornstarch (mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
1/2 tsp of Dark soy sauce
2 tbsp Light soy sauce
A little salt or to taste
3-4 只中型 马铃薯
1/2 杯/120 gm 肉末 (用 1/4 tsp 盐, 1 tbsp 料酒, 一撮黑胡椒粉和几滴麻油腌上十分钟)
1 tbsp 的葱酥或红葱切片
1 tsp 蒜茸
1 tsp 芡粉 (用 3 tbsp的水兑上)
1/2 tsp 黑酱油/老抽
2 tbsp 酱油/生抽
一点 或 适量的盐
1. Marinate the ground meat (I used ground turkey) with 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of cooking wine, a pinch of black pepper powder and a few drops of sesame oil.
2. Peel and slice potato to about 1/2 cm thick, heat up about 1 cup of cooking oil, fry the potato slices until the potato is a little crunchy at the edge.
3. Take out excess oil and leave about 1 tbsp of oil in the wok, stir in minced garlic and shallot, fry until fragrant.
4. Add the marinated ground meat, keep breaking the meat with a spatula until the ground meat loosen up.
5. Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil, add the potato pieces and season with dark and light soy sauce, add a little salt if needed. Cook until the potato soften.
6. Stir in cornstarch that dissolved in 3 tbsp of water, switch off the stove when the gravy thickened. Sprinkled some chopped spring onion.
2. 把马铃薯削皮切成大约1/2 cm厚的片，锅里热上1 杯的油，把马铃薯片入锅炸至边上变酥，不必炸透。取出滴干油。