Zha Jiang Mian literally means “Fried Sauce Noodles", a northern Chinese dish consist of thick wheat noodle and topped with ground pork stir-fried with fermented soy Sauce and Sweet Sauce (甜面酱), it is normally served with plenty of seasonal vegetables, which makes it a lot more nutritious and healthier.
I now make this noodle once in a while and learnt to enjoy it with a clove of garlic, just like the locals do in Beijing.
300 克五花肉 （去皮，切丁）
1 tbsp 干黄酱 （我用了Miso）
1 tsp 姜末
1 tsp 蒜末
1 tsp 糖
1/4 根新鲜小黄瓜 切丝
1/2 根胡萝卜 切丝
300 gm of pork belly （Skinned, and cut into small pieces）
6-8 Dried mushroom (Soaked and cut into small pieces)
1 tbsp Yellow fermented Soy Sauce （I used Miso）
1 packet of sweet sauce (甜面酱）
1 spring onion
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Sugar
1/4 fresh cucumber Shredded
1/2 carrot Shredded
1. Prepared all ingredients accordingly, in a cooking pan， add 1 tsp of oil and stir fry pork pieces till oil breaks, add minced ginger garlic and spring onion, stir fry until fragrant. Add mushroom and stir fry until fragrant again.
2. Mix together fermented soy sauce or Miso with Sweet sauce with some water. Add the mixture to the pork and stir till the sauce releases good aroma. Season with sugar.
3. Add 2 cups of water, bring to boil and simmer for 45 minutes, stir few times in between to prevent sticking to bottom.
4. Prepare the vegetables while the pork is simmering. Once the zhajiang/meat is ready. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook fresh noodle according to packet instructions.
5. Place cooked noodles in a bowl, topped it with Zhajiang (Minced Meat) and Shredded vegetables. Serve warm.