My husband have this obsession of bananas that it’s almost absurd, he has to bring a bunch of banana back whenever he goes to the grocery store. Needless to say, he goes to the store a little too many times this month, and I was left with a bunch of overripe bananas again.
So I made this cake with the help of my son A yesterday night and had it for breakfast today, the chocolate chips really kick the taste up a notch!
4 ripe large banana or 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana
1 cup of All-purpose flour
1 cup of Multigrain Atta
1/4 cup of Oat bran
1 cup of Brown sugar
3 eggs (Room temperature)
1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup organic whole milk
1/2 cup or 1 stick of Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (if using salted butter, omit this or reduced to half)
5. 烤箱预热至360F (180C).
2. Use a stand mixer/hand mixer to beat butter and sugar until smooth, the texture should look like ice cream.
3. Add one egg at a time, continue beating until fluffy, repeat for all 3 eggs.
4. Fold 1/3 of the flour mix in, add milk and 1/3 of the mashed banana, alternate flour mix and milk until all ingredients are used.
5. Add 3/4 cup of chocolate chips into batter.
6. Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
7. Line an 8 inches baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer batter into the pan, give it a shake to even the surface of the batter. Decorate it with sliced banana and remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
8. Bake cake for 45-50 minutes, test with a bamboo stick, if the stick come out clean, it is done. Cool completely before serving.